Thursday, January 3, 2008

A little light at the beginning of the tunnel...

Maybe my first impressions about 2008 were too hasty. In the last two days: revised to page 25 of my 35-page chapter; ran many fast miles (have I mentioned that I obsess about running?--but then, I obsess full-stop, so there's that); ate Ethiopian food with three delightfully silly girls, one of whom called me "foxy" though she is in no apparent position to gain from such folderol; got dogpiled endlessly by kids and suffered only minor repeated injuries; and got a fix of new music. Plus, is it too cheesy to say that I am capable of being, well, inspired to do good in the world by seeing a movie so calculated as "The Great Debators"? So be it! I will do good in the world!

And I will do it in fabulous shoes.

3 comments:

squadratomagico said...

Fabulous, indeed! And everyone knows that a woman out to do good in the world is even more plucky if she does it in killer heels....

rml said...

Well said, my friend, well said.

Lisa B. said...

The good that you will do--and you *will* do it--will be immeasurably better if you do it in those shoes.